Sunday, March 2, 2008

Good Grief!

Seriously. Is this really necessary? Good Grief! If you ask Eli, my 5 year old, he will look at you, smile, and reply "yep." He does not see the problem...and really, it's not...but it is a tad. bit. annoying. He gets himself ready for preschool, which by the way, is great! Granted, he picks out the same three shirts, and usually doesn't match, but frankly, doesn't bother me. Apparently, though, in order to get dressed, it is necessary to open all three drawers at the same time, pull out most of the stuff in the drawers, and leave several articles of clothing throughout the room. So this is my routine every. single. day. After two of the kids are at school, eventually laundry gets done, and eventually it gets put away. I fold the clean laundry, go into his room, shove all the clothes back into the drawers, place the newly clean folded clothes on top of the wadded up ones, and shut the drawers. Guess what happens the next morning? Does this seem like insanity to you? Why do I even bother folding the clothes? Why!?!? I have no answer for you....but there is something inside of me that is compelled to keep folding the clothes, and repeating this CRAZY cycle. Tell me I'm not the only one :)

4 comments:

  1. Well, I don't know if this will work...based on closet space...but with ALL THREE of my messy boys I have resorted to HANGING UP all tops, and bottoms....well, Daniel's I hang too (he has a big closet and used to ONLY wear whatever was on top of his piles...drove me crazy...went to the "hang up everything" method)all of Jedd's pants go in a large laundry tub by his dresser....Russ's go in a drawer or on a closet shelf. I figure it takes the same amt of time to hang as to fold. And then they aren't digging or dumping....
    The socks and underwear actually go in plastic baskets in the laundry room, which is conveniently right by their room and bathroom....thus they never make it TO a real drawer. Daniel's closet IS the laundry room! This is so long I should have just emailed it...oh well! I win the prize for the longest comment! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just leave it.

    It's futile.

    Then every few weeks or so, I rant and rage and make them clean it up. Some time I'll have to tell you about how I lock Gemma out of her dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our clothes rarely make it to an actual dresser!!! We live out of laundry baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i keep telling my husband that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. i do it too, i don't know why it bugs me. i have a few that don't get the "dirty" concept, all clothes just get crammed in the jammy drawer. and most drawers don't even shut cause the kids have climbed up them too many times. that's when you just shut the bedroom doors....
    happy laundry day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you make blogging fun. :) If your comment doesn't appear right away, it's because it's awaiting moderation, but it will show up soon!

Web Hosting Pages