Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Invasion From Heaven

Seeking Him Small Group Study There are so many times in my life, that I look back on the order of events that have occurred, and just stand in amazement.

Our ladies Bible study has just started this book, Seeking Him- Experiencing the Joy of Personal Revival by Nancy Leigh DeMoss & Tim Grissom. This workbook has been hanging around our house way before we ever started this study. You see, it takes us ladies a quite a while to get through a study :) Lot's of talking and sharing....it's one of the best parts of being together! Each time we near the end of a study I begin the dreaded search process. This usually involves lots of pleading with God for direction, while I'm scouring the Christian Book Store and various other means in hopes of finding the perfect study. In the past, during this process, this Seeking Him book always crossed my path...and I always dismissed it. Oh, I had lots of good reasons...the main one being that I thought it was just "too deep" for where our group was at. Isn't that funny. What God has revealed to me now...is that it was "too deep" for me. I had wanted to believe that it was our group of Ladies that was not ready for it....but God said to my heart, "Sarah, you were not ready to lead it." *ouch* And, He was right.

When Seeking Him crossed my path this time, I was ready! God had begun to work a real revival in my own heart...and now I'm ready. As I look back, it makes me smile to see how God was gently pursuing me...never giving up...knowing that the revival was coming, all the while I was totally oblivious. I am so excited to continue this journey, to see what God has in store. Let me leave you with this quote from the study...love it!

"Revival is not some emotion or worked-up excitement; it is rather an invasion from heaven which brings to man a conscious awareness of God." - Stephen Olford

...invasion from heaven...I'm ready for that!

11 comments:

  1. we did that one in the fall at our church. I didn't actually participate... but heard it was really good. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't she the one who wrote "Lies Women Believe"? I lead a Bible study at my church also and we used that book last fall. It was awesome! We're reading "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" right now - another good book. God has revealed so much through these Bible studies and I'm always searching for the next book too. We're almost done with this one, so I'm going to check into the one you're suggesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's AWESOME! Blessings to you and your ladies as you go in that study :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I don't usually do book studies, but I bought this one about two years ago. Like you, however, I never went through it, for much the same reasons, I suspect. Perhaps I should pick it back up. I did end up doing the "Mary Heart, Martha World" one that 'Just Another Crazy Family' mentioned, and it was *really* great!

    Keep us informed on what you think about the study!

    ReplyDelete
  5. His timing is so funny isn't it? or should i say ours? sometimes i will set something aside for months, pick it up, and only then will it totally speak to me.
    your group sounds awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  6. His timing is the best timing. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. crazy family - She is the one who wrote "Lies Women Believe" That's actually the book we just finished. I can't get away from Nancy! :) I've read that Mary/Martha book..good stuff! I've heard good stuff about Beth Moore's studies too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this study! Truly life changing and one that I could do again and again.

    I would love to hear how it is going!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My office Bible study did this one last fall. It's a phenomenal study but be forewarned...some chapters are downright painful they're so convicting. In the past, we've done mostly Beth Moore studies. This time around, we're doing He Speaks to Me by Priscilla Shirer (daughter of Tony Evans)...it is outstanding...I highly recommend it.

    Blessings,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE THAT BOOK!! Wow...
    how about I received a sample of this book...read it then threw it away.. I was not ready, I ran from all that the LORD was saying to me just in that little chapter I read!! ... it stayed in the back of my mind...then some ladies asked me to go through it with them, months later, not knowing I had read some of it.. LOOK AT JESUS.... i bought the actual book and I stuck it out...it was amazing.. i am going through it again...


    I too am ready for revival!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you make blogging fun. :) If your comment doesn't appear right away, it's because it's awaiting moderation, but it will show up soon!

Web Hosting Pages