Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mystified

This picture actually has nothing to do with my post...but I always feel a need to include a picture...so, I thought you should look at my purchase from last week :) Exciting...I know. The cookies are looong gone...I ate 90% of them...uncooked. I know, I know, I have a problem!
  • On to the point....I've been in the blogging world for about a month now, and there are still several things that mystify me! (Those of you who read, but don't blog, trust me when I tell you...you are not going to care about anything else in this post :) I like a good mystery. And most of the time, I really like not understanding some stuff....just being in awe of the magic of it. Like telephones! and TV! and Electricity! No matter how many times its explained to me...I just go back to the good ol standby...magic. There are some blogging mysteries, however, that are driving me nuts! Here goes...
  • Site Meter: the timing and days is all off...A.M. is P.M. and by midday it's a day ahead...so confusing. I have no idea how to change it.
  • Site Meter: Sometimes, it shows a persons visit length as 0.00. How does that happen? Do they click on my site, and then are so repulsed immediately that they have to leave before even staying a millisecond?!?
  • I have a scanner, but I have no idea how to upload photos to my blog unless they are digital...I am in constant awe of those of you who post anything predating digital cameras!
  • Which web pictures are really free?!? How do I know they're not copyrighted? I don't' want to steal! I'm a pastor's wife, the last thing I need it to be stealing pics for my blog :) HA!
  • I also have no idea how people change the size and formats of their blog. I mean the fancy kind! Here's me...with my generic blog layout...all because I have no idea how to change it (other than what blogger offers:)
  • How so few people leave comments...compared with the number of readers. I mean, I get it, but still a little mystified.

So, my more experienced blogger friends, help me if you can :) I also should warn you that I need very detailed instructions, or I'll never get it :)

8 comments:

  1. the site meter thing is kind of a joke... not really, but kind of... especially if you don't understand "web talk" that much :)

    there are a heck of a lot of readers who either don't know how to comment, or aren't sure what to say ...

    the basic template is the easiest to alter with margins and such... speaking from experience

    ** just play with stuff... and you'll figure it out :)

    MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!
    **Do this for you & enjoy it for what it is ... comment or no comments, fancy layout or not... just enjoy it! I KNOW you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to learn a thing or two, too! I'll check back and see if you get any answers!!
    I do think though that the beauty of your blog is your "voice"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so you have a scanner?? Just lay your image on the scanner and hit scan. (The cool thing about scanners is they are just like cameras, so you can scan your face if you want!)
    Once it's scanned you should be able to save your image as a jpeg or tiff file. Save it to your hard drive and then upload it to blogger just like your digital photos. Tada! Now it's digital!!
    Hope that helps??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look how much you *do* know (compared to me, anyway!)! You just solved my problem! Thank you! Thank you!
    AND, you insert pictures all the time! You're hotter stuff than you know, I think! ;-)
    -J
    P.S. And prolific! Four posts since I last checked! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Site has all the answers you ever wanted and more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same questions. I'm going to have to check out Heth's link.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are so smart! Heth - that sight is AWESOME! I wasted a bunch of time on there this am, and signed up for technorati or somthing like that...THANKS everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you make blogging fun. :) If your comment doesn't appear right away, it's because it's awaiting moderation, but it will show up soon!

Web Hosting Pages