Wednesday, March 19, 2008

They May Kill Me...

They might just kill me for posting this picture...most of them didn't even want to pose for it in the first place! If I'd had a blog at the time it was taken, they probably wouldn't have let me do it at all! But, I'm going to take the risk, and pray God grants me favor with each of them :) I have to post the picture...you have to see them. These are the ladies (the core group)that I meet with every other Tues. night for Bible study. They are truly amazing...each one. They have blessed me in so, so many ways.
I never really wanted to be a pastor's wife...seemed like a pain in the butt to me :) I also thought it must be a pretty lonely profession...after all, who can really be themselves around the pastor and his wife!?! Seriously! And, I was positive that as the wife, if I were myself...I'd probably scare them all away! And then...God proved me wrong (which He always does.) He totally went above and beyond what I ever could have imagined. Instead of the loneliness I had anticipated, God has surrounded me with friends. Not just women who are nice to me, but genuine friends. There are no pretenses in this group...no pretending. We are who we are. Each of us are at a unique place in our walk with God...and He uses that to help us learn from one another. I am one of them. Not the pastor's wife. Just Sarah. I don't want to take for granted, this amazing blessing in my life. So...guess what I've learned...being a pastor's wife really isn't a pain in the butt...and, you really can be just yourself around your pastor and his wife! WHO KNEW!?!?

10 comments:

  1. I forgive you! As I recall I came that night "as I was", grubby mother of 5. Of course it turned out to be picture night! (at least in school you get a warning so you can come "all gussied up". But you knew you would end up with a individual portrait.
    I am so blessed to have our group! People with whom I can be truely trasparent. People who take me as I am, but also encourage me to be all I was meant to be in Christ.
    Thank you Father God for these Blessings!
    Sarah M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great! I don't really have a group like that and would love one, especially one that is studying the Bible together--what a privilege! :-)

    Happy fellowshipping/studying!
    -J

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you made a great youth kid! you no doubt make a great pastor's wife to!

    love you sarah!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of funny photos...I just found our St. Pauls year book last night. I mean to be scanning some things soon! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen to this post. You are so right. Isn't it funny how we get these preconceived ideas about what people of certain titles are like? Totally wrong. What a neat group of ladies. How awesome that you can all encourage each other!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Jenni, I had to delete your post (about how cool I am :) because you ousted my tiny town's name...I'm sure its all nice ladies reading...but just in case...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when ladies get together to study God's word. What a sweet group.

    And all this stuff about being a Pastor's wife, where were you when I was thirty?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! You have such a fun blog!! Look at how cute your great group of friends are. I'm sure they are all wonderful, but I know a couple of those women are fantastic!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's awesome! I can't wait to find a group where there's no pretending. That is quite a treasure, to have friends you can genuinely be yourself with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you make blogging fun. :) If your comment doesn't appear right away, it's because it's awaiting moderation, but it will show up soon!

Web Hosting Pages