Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Brace Yourself...

I have lost my posting groove...if there is such a thing. I used to have a routine. Get the post out in the morning of the actual day. Now, I'm posting at the end of the day, and it's messing me all up. So, even though I just posted late last night...I'm gonna post again. HA! Lucky, lucky you.

Random point of interest *cough*

  • My neighbor-friend called this morning and shared that she had washed her hubby's cell phone in the washer. I could sympathize...I have washed my own cell phone. (bad idea) After I hung up the phone with her I went to switch clothes from the washer to the dryer and found that I had, indeed, washed a dirty diaper along with the light colored clothing. Nice. I did what any perfect housekeeper would do....I took the dirty diaper out, and ran it again :) Isn't that why we paid all that money for that washing machine!?! To magically fix problems like that!?!

  • You need a visual...

Yes...that is the washed-dirty diaper still on top...it was only #1 dirty...PHEW!

  • I get my hair cut today. LOVE hair cut day. I contemplated getting it cut even shorter for summer, and letting it go curly...kinda like little orphan annie...well, sorta like that :)

But, considering I've been a little spacey since the tornado, I'm thinking it's best not to do anything too drastic right now. Just a trim. I'll have to think on the "Annie do." Which leads me to my 3rd random point....

  • When I get to heaven and receive my perfect body...I've put in a request to have darker skin and a real Afro...just so you know, so you can recognize me :) (My husband is going to have a field day correcting all that theology there...I feel it's my God-given responsibility to keep him on his toes :)

    Carry on, bloggy friends, carry on...

(Annie Pic courtesy of google images)

18 comments:

  1. Don always teases me when we watch a Will Smith movie. Will is my "boy friend". I will love seeing the new you in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! love it. maja had braids in all weekend, and this morning when i finally forced her to bathe, she was all about getting an afro. i think that's how you spell afro. i dunno. weird word. anyway, you are a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heehee! I'm gonna put in a request too! I want to be taller, I figure that will take care of trying to lose weight! LOVE your washer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did the clothes have all those little "jelly balls" all over them after the 2nd washing?

    I can never seem to get rid of those things when I wash a diaper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was soooo funny!

    And I did the same thing, ran a diaper through the wash. I went ahead and dried the clothes anyway, and the dryer took all the little gell thingies off the clothes. Then I washed again and it was great! I did not have fun wiping all the gooey gell stuff out of the washer though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny! I think, along with Michelle, my request will be to be a bit taller.

    I know what you mean about loosing your bloggy groove...I haven't had much computer time lately and it is really throwing me off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah you make me laugh! So...will you reuse the diaper? I mean that would be the 'green' thing to do wouldn't it? Reuse, reduce...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yuck- I have yet to wash a dirty diaper. However, I have dropped my cell phone in the toilet. It dried out and worked just fine! (Thankfully it fell out of my pocket and into the toilet AFTER I flushed :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sarah! I tried to reply to your comment but it bounced back ~
    anyway,
    My layout is slightly different. I put up a different header (I thought the other was kinda small) I also took a couple of things off my sidebar and put my about me stuff there. Before hubby made me promise to stop making changes to my template it would change like every other day. Not just little stuff either ~ the WHOLE thing!

    Oh, I ordered the small group study kit and cannot wait for it to get here! We had 12 people to sign up and I am SCARED to death! Yikes! I actually thought about not doing it after I saw the list. I was just hoping for one or two. Do you have some sort of outline that you follow?

    I'll check your email thingy it may have been something on my end.
    Hope ya have a great evening
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have washed a dirty diaper with the laundry - it is nasty! I have also washed a pull up - just as nasty! Nothing quite describes the feeling when you are ready to put those nice clean clothes in the dryer only to find them full of nasty diaper stuff - gelly balls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your husband is blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are too funny and real! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. FYI: When we need to dry a cell phone, we set the oven on a low setting and place the phone inside on a pan. BUT!!! be sure to remove the battery, leave the door open and keep the temp low! My sister in law tried this with my brother's phone after she dropped it in a cup of water, but she set the oven at 325, threw the entire phone in, and SHUT the door. It didn't work so well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The diaper thing....did it recently....the nighttime pullup left in the jammies....yup..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have you read about all the stuff I have washed in the washing machine?!? Ridiculous. And I did a diaper last week. Didnt beat out the hot dog though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad you got your diaper clean. The question is if your lights turned a little darker. :) Make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you make blogging fun. :) If your comment doesn't appear right away, it's because it's awaiting moderation, but it will show up soon!

Web Hosting Pages