Monday, June 16, 2008

Ummm

It's most definitely a random updates kinda day.



  • We are at home with electricity and air conditioning, but there is still no gas in tiny-town, which for us means no stove/oven (let's face it I don't use the oven all that much anyways, except I do miss the frozen pizzas...) or warm water. Even when the gas is turned back on...I'm not sure our water heater is gonna wanna work after being submerged in 3 feet of water, but what do I know ;)

  • The church, however, has an electric water heater, so this morning, I went over and washed my hair in the sink...all the while adding it to Pastors' wives list...more on that tomorrow.

  • Basement: 1/2 dry, other half is 4 inches deep...not quite level down there :) We can't do all the fun bleach clean up until the water level goes down enough for it to stop seeping in through the walls...a fantastic bleach party is in the works though :)

  • Thankfully, due to the the dehumidifier and 20 gallons of febreeze, my house is not too smelly...wish I could say the same for tiny-town.

  • Tonight my friend Billie and I are going to start running again...we've taken a 3 week break due to tornado/flooding...I think I will die...if I do not post tomorrow, it is because I died on her gravel road from a heart attack.

  • I always thought my house would stay cleaner if we just weren't in it so much...that was wrong...it's a total disaster.

  • Better get cleaning...

  • Oh, one last thing...yesterday, Noah was reading a Father's day card (he's just learning to read) anyways, he got to the word "FATHER" and sounded it out FAT-HER...that amused me for hours :)

Happy Monday Bloggy Friends!

13 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    You're keeping a great attitude through all of this. Good for you!

    Here's a thought about bleach, since it sounds like you're going to be using a lot of it. You may want to make sure the kiddos are out of the house when you do. The fumes will irritate lungs (especially of little people) and can cause lung damage if used in an un-ventilated area.

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear things are slowly getting better.

    The "FAT-HER" cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I am so sorry about your house. This happened to us once and it is not fun. Glad you are keeping a good attitude. You are in my prayers.

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. "FAT-HER" -- HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That is great!

    Bottle it up girl...don't ever forget those moments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're no strangers to floods down here. I can remember as a kid playing in flood water. What were we thinking? Think of the snakes and disease in there. YUCK!

    Anyway, glad you're home and life is kinda getting back to normal. I ran tonight too, and also almost died because of all the non-exercising and overeating on two weeks of vacation.

    Did you email me back about the red shoes? I never got it. I'm going to email you about something else. Let me know if you get it. I've been having trouble getting emails at my yahoo account. Here's my work email ... daphne at mycrossroads.org. I have a special offer for you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart goes out to you! I am so sorry life is so not normal right now.

    Is there anything you need that we could send? Sorry, UPS won't deliver sanity!

    Prayers for your life to return to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. whew....I never knew normal was such a blessing till now....the streets look like all the houses barfed!! oh...and businesses and churches... who knew a church building could barf!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh...I'm so sorry you are having to deal with all that mess! I must say, I think your keeping a great attitude. I'm sure it's not easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog. It is the first one I've read of someone in the flood area. I can't even imagine all the little (and BIG) things y'all are dealing with!

    Prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can just imagine the smell...yay for febreeze. :)
    I do hope that running doesn't take your life. We really like you.
    The so way cute 'Fat-her' pronunciation reminds me of so many boy-isms from my house. I love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the fun of sounding out words!! Kate was reading the comics the other day and I thought I heard a bad word coming out- she said what sounded like "ah damn." I walked over to her thinking "what is the world coming to that my kids can't read the comics" and I started to say "actually, honey, that's a bad wor..oh- 'Adam', very good."

    ReplyDelete
  12. heehee! That's so funny Fat-Her

    I'm so sorry that y'all are haivng to deal with all of this. I hadn't realized there was more flooding until Sunday at church when Ron (pastor) mentioned it during prayer request.

    Do you have any running tips? I just started "training" (heehee makes hubby laugh every time I say I'm in training) but we have a local run thing around Thanksgiving that I'm gonna try and do with a couple girls from church. I took my first run last night and it about killed me! I am so sore today.

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Running might just be a good thing in this turbulent time. It always clears my head. I'm glad you didn't die. I knew you wouldn't, you've got a 4 mile race under your belt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you make blogging fun. :) If your comment doesn't appear right away, it's because it's awaiting moderation, but it will show up soon!

Web Hosting Pages