Thursday, November 20, 2008

Consistently Inconsistent



Barbie at Moments Memories Milestones was gracious enough to pass this along to me. I love reading her blog because it is refreshing and honest about her life as a woman and mom.

Here are the rules that you agree to when you accept this marvelous award:

“When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Honest Weblog’. List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. And then, pass it on.”

Here goes...10 honest things for today.

1) I'm eating leftover cheese sticks and Diet Dr. Pepper for breakfast.
2) I have exercised every single day this week so far. And yes, I am quite proud of myself. It does something to put me in a better mood...can't explain it, but it makes me feel physically and emotionally better.
3) I have about 7 other blog awards that I've been given that I've yet to post and pass on...they always make my day...I'm just not sure if they make everyone else's...and I'm terribly lazy when it comes to linking...shame on me :)
4) I am not easily offended but I am more easily annoyed.
5) I use Secret deodorant. How exciting is that.
6) Just after I posted about the yummy pie yesterday...I walked into the kitchen to see the dog eating some of it off the floor while Jake scooped the rest of it into the sink...before I could stop him. It all happened in slow motion...I wanted to cry. CRY! But then I remembered that the Schwan's guy comes today. Phew. Lucky for Jake.
7) I have serious problems with hand-eye coordination. Basketball lay-ups, baseball, badminton and tennis slay me...as well as archery and shooting a gun. I blame it on the fact that I'm right handed and left eye dominant. Terrible combination.

8) I cannot read poetry and understand it.

9) I never write blog posts ahead of time. When I sit down to post...whatever comes out...comes out.

10) I am consistently inconsistent.

Seriously...what a weird list, there's no rhyme or reason to it...so goes my brain.

I would LOVE to pass along this little award to 7 of my bloggy friends that do a fantastic job of keeping it real.


Giblogger (my real life friend who even posted her weight and goal weight after having a baby...which by my standards it the epitome of honesty!)
Beth (for also sharing her weight loss journey)
Cassandra (she's playing several different roles and I love reading her perspective and she makes me smile)
Candy (Not your average Pastor's wife which makes me heart her.)
Heather at the EO (real real real and I love it!)
The Miles Family (honestly sharing her journey and slight obsession with the Twilight series, which I've started...because of her :)
Lindsay for sharing her life as a wife, mom of boys and teacher.
Happy Thursday!!

18 comments:

  1. I'm not very good at understanding poetry either. Unless it's written by Dr. Seuss. Congrats on the award...you and your blog are much deserving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo Hoo!! Thanks ... I'll work on passing it on :)

    Have a BEAUTIFUL day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww! thanks! (i think...?)

    Isn't it good to not be average?

    Blogging my frustrations is a relief for me. My congregation is unaware of my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh well, at least you have a picture of the mint chocolate pie to stare at, drool over and lick?! hilarious.

    thanks for sharing your friends. i love me a real bloggin' blogger! can't wait to meet more like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks lady! I love how you keep it real, honest, and inspiring all at the same time.

    Thank you. I needed a little cheering today (as you could tell from my post) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Honesty is such an admirable quality! I'll go check some of those other blogs out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your #8 made me laugh. I am currently finishing my poetry unit in class this week. Poetry is not my favorite but I realized again this week (as I do every semester I teach this unit) that I take my understanding of poetry for granted because it's not my favorite. My students were really struggling and I was having a hard time leading them without giving them the answers I saw.
    megan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your tip Sarah! I spent like 10 minutes trying to figure it out and gave up. Very ambitious I know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. im with you on the poetry thing- i have youth girls that have me read theirs and i feel so bad.. i read them again and again... and then i still have to ask them what they are saying..??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about your pie good thing the Schwan man is on his way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on the award!

    we're alike on #'s 4, 5 and 8...but you would NEVER catch me eating cheese sticks in the morning or washing them down w/Diet DP. yuck!

    what happened to your off brand cola drink!?! not that it would be good w/cheese sticks in the morning either...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much! this looks like a fun one to do! Today has just been NUTS!!!! CRAZY BUSY!!!!!
    I will most likely respond on Fri or Sat!
    love you!
    miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What is your deal with soda for breakfast? What was that other one you drank? Zest or something like that?

    Anyway, love your random list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry about your pie. I guess it was the dogs lucky day.

    Congrats on your award!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your breakfast made me laugh! I'm so glad to hear that someone else eats what is available easily in the morning. I would be ashamed to write down my "meals" sometimes. I had a roommate once who understood!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you make blogging fun. :) If your comment doesn't appear right away, it's because it's awaiting moderation, but it will show up soon!

Web Hosting Pages