And while we're at it, let's pretend that my whole house is actually clean, rather than just the illusion of the downstairs being clean because I have, in fact, just hauled everything upstairs, which means out of sight, out of mind...sorta.
And if you were here, and we were sharing our random thoughts, I would tell you this:
- I'm feeling like a bit of a trick-or-treating-fall-party scrooge. Halloween is not my favorite holiday (big surprise.) I do not enjoy coming up with costumes, hauling kids around door to door, etc. I'd rather just go to Wal-Mart, buy them a big bag of candy and call it good.
- I'm also not loving fall this year. I usually do...but this year, not so much. I want warmth back. I want long days of sunshine back. I want to not have to warm up my van in the mornings back. I want no coats, mittens, hats etc back.
- Time seems to be going so fast...
- If you were here, I probably wouldn't mention how blogger is doing weird things to the formatting today as I type this and I wonder what it's going to look like when I hit publish.
- I would tell you though, that God's been speaking some clear truths into my heart lately. And by speaking I mean pounding it into my head through every angle imaginable. The theme seems to be: Overcoming my flesh with the power of the Holy Spirit. I can't overcome my flesh with my flesh, only with His Spirit. This literally involves pretty much every area of my life.
- I also let my kids plow through their Halloween candy in a matter of days. I don't put it in a bowl and dish it out for months. Nope. They just eat and eat until it's gone, and then it's not sitting in the pantry calling my name all day every day for MONTHS! Plus, there is nowhere in this house that they can't sniff it out and find it anyways.
- Are you wondering if this makes them sick? It doesn't. They've built up a high tolerance :) Stomachs of steel. I think they inherited it from me. They may not look like me on the outside...but on the inside...all me...
- Someone gave Jake a kazoo...both Odie and myself are not very appreciative of that today.
Wow, I could go on and on...and now I've scared you all away from ever coming over for coffee. Dang it :)
Happy Friday from your scroogy halloween-trick-or-treating bloggy friend.