Monday, February 9, 2009

Gibberish

Sit down, take a few minutes and have some coffee with me.

It's mocha mint today, I bought it at a cute little tea room on Saturday night where many of us from our little church had a Valentine's dinner.  It's delish.

Pardon the green bathrobe and crazy hair.  I've been wearing it curly again because it's just so much easier that way, but curly hair is not very forgiving after being laid on...it's unfortunate really.  

I overslept this morning.  It's Jack Bauer's fault.  Ben and I stayed up till midnight watching the first season of 24.  I'm not ashamed to admit that we watched 4 or 5 episodes in a row last night. We're completely hooked.  Junkies, I tell you.

I have all three of my boys home today.  Jake was sick last week and he passed it along to his big brothers...no barfing involved, so I can't really complain.  

Have I mentioned Julie?  :)  I don't think I've had one conversation with anyone this past week that I have not managed to weave her in...and whip out some more pictures for them to see. We've only been communicating for a week now, and already I feel like she's a part of our family. It is really quite amazing.     I can't wait for her to come to tiny-town...but I've got some stuff to do first. 

Which leads me to painting.  I've got some big painting plans.  

Alright, your turn...  

16 comments:

  1. Painting? I'm intrigued. I can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are on round two of sicknesses too. Like you, I am thrilled that this time no puking is involved, Still, this sickness consists of a hideous amount of snot and very high fevers. My poor little sick boys are just miserable.
    I'm thinking selfish thoughts - like "oh, I hope I don't get sick, I have so many plans for the week! And they are fun ones!" THen I feel guilty for thinking of myself while they are so sick... :)
    Oh, and I want to see if I actually learned how to leave hearts in comments, so I am practicing on you...
    ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pardon my blue robe with stars all over it that I've had since college.

    I've already had my cup of cappuccino and admit to just popping open a can of Diet Pepsi. Oh my!

    Jack Bauer can do all.

    Hey Julie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you're painting.

    Sorry your kiddos are sick. At least they've all got it at once.

    I'm planning my strategy for attacking this week...so much to do and so little time. Obviously I'm getting greys over it or else I'd be off the computer and running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.
    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope the boys get better soon i am in a right mess i have a tea towel on my head as i am doing the insulation of our den and that is all i can find to cover my month i had to stop to feed charlie so i pulled it up on to my head lol p.s. i hope no one comes to the door. have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack Bauer is addicting! I recommend taking a break before you start another season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. O.k. I already did the Office marathons I can't afford to get addicted to anymore shows so please don't share anymore about how awesome 24 is or I won't be able to handle it. (now that was a serious run-on sentence if I ever saw one) It wouldn't be the parsonage if there wasn't paintin' going on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ""Every 10 minutes a person commits internet fraud. Ladies and Gentlemen.... that person is Michael Scott.""

    ReplyDelete
  9. We used to watch every episode of 24, but not anymore. It's nothing against Jack, we love Jack and his 'promises,' but I could never drift off to sleep after watching such blood-pumping drama!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite way to watch 24 is on DVD, b/c it is the kind of show that begs to be watched more than one episode at a time. It is also one of my favorite date nights (aren't I a cheap and easy date?) just sit me down on the couch with my hubby and a new season of 24 with some desserts and I am happy as a clam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am getting excited to paint the nursery at church! It will have to do while I wait to get this place done!
    I have now viewed all but season 3 of 24. I still think Season 1 ranks at the bottom of the list, so you know you're going to be hooked for awhile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. p.s. sorry about your sickies! I missed you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have yet to watch one 24 show. sad, huh?!?!

    so what do your boys think about a teenager girl coming to live with them?

    hope the boys get to feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're excused. I want to do the same thing with "Lost." Haven't watched one episode, but want to and I need about a week to get caught up. Hmmm ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm hanging around waiting for the shoe to drop. Everyone in our town has been sick too...kids and teachers alike missing a full week of school. There hasn't been a sighting at my house....yet...wait for it....wait for it....

    LOVE-24-But can't ever fall asleep for at least an hour after it is over.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you make blogging fun. :) If your comment doesn't appear right away, it's because it's awaiting moderation, but it will show up soon!

Web Hosting Pages