Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yiddle Man



Dear Jake,





You crack me up. I wish I could bottle up who you are today and save it for later. The way you say "yiddle" instead of little. Your odd breakfast choices...uncooked oatmeal, for example. You are one of a kind little man.





Someday I will miss the way we battle over the letter and dinosaur magnets all over the fridge. Those dimples that show themselves when you smile, which you know I cannot resist. The way you smile and wipe off every kiss I give you. And whenever I say, I love you Jakob you smile and reply I love daddy or I love Odie...just to be a stinker. Your inability to cope with anything when you are tired, just like your mama.





I tease you that you will always be my baby, to which you reply I AM NOT A BABY! You are getting bigger...but you and your brothers will always be my babies. I want to watch you grow and mature into a godly man, but inside, I will always cherish these moments when you are all mine. These moments when my biggest worry is the fact that you've spread shaving cream all over your bedroom...or cut something into pieces...again.



Can you stay 3 years and 8 months just a little while longer?


Love,





Mom





Lord, help me to cherish these moments...and begin instilling in me the courage I need to face puberty with three boys.





Amen.

23 comments:

  1. How precious. =) You have such cute boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncooked oatmeal...I hear it's the breakfast of champion "yiddle" men.

    This is so sweet....enjoy your day your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake is definately his own "yiddle" man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tell my three boys the same thing; no matter how big you get, even when you are taller than me, you will always be my babies. My 10yr old doesn't think too much of it but my 7 yr. old and 5 yr. old love being by babies right now. It will be sad when they grow out of it. It goes so unbelievably fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing what you are instilling in your "yiddle men" now, this... puberty with three boys.....won't be so bad!!! trust me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Puberty, ahh! I hadn't thought of that! Yikes! I love yiddle by the way...I may use it today just to see if anyone is listening to me at the office!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute lil guy!

    We had three boys 2 years apart, a single and a set of twins. Let me tell you, puberty wasn't so bad but the teenage drivers license years about did me in! How loud, how fast can maker er go???
    However, we got through it and they have all three grown up to be productive members of society now at 26 & 28.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was VERY sweet! He's adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet post. Truly the growing up years go way to fast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's SO CUTE!

    Shaving cream all over the bedroom? I don't envy you that one. I had baby powder all over the bedroom once and that was bad enough.

    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our Jacob boys are so similar... :) and for all the frustration there is 10 x more lovin'.:) Mine will be four in 9 days... can hardly believe it.
    Sweet sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWWW...What a sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was so tender! The "yiddles" are what make children so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Boy, I miss those days!

    I am now in the mist of my 14 & 15 yr old girls looking at me like my hair is on fire and answering "fine" to everything :}

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great post. Reminds me of Jack. BTW, guess what I got in the mail today? "The House that cleans Itself" I am so excited. Can't wait until the kids are in bed and I can get to reading it. I may start and read in bits and pieces. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I a blog stalker (I mean follower) of yours and my 'yiddle' baby boy is 3 yrs 7 months old. Much like Jake he dislikes being called the baby and has finally admitted that mommy can be his buddy along with daddy. I agree with you though...I want to bottle him up. Thanks for this post today. I needed it! btw, I was led to your blog by Sara.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My middle girlie has had 'issues' with speech since she began talking. It really hasn't been an issue for the past few years understanding her. Now we have reached the point where she 'can' say almost anything correctly if I take the time to correct her...but I'm like you...I don't want to let go of her Grace-isms. My best friend Athena...is Ah-feena...and I can't imagine her being called anything else. I saved a voicemail on my cell phone today because it was so cute. Ah...and how is that they they are growing up...and yet I'm still only 25?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just precious.

    Also, he's not crazy eating uncooked oatmeal. I love it. A little oatmeal with a little whole milk poured over it and sprinkled with blueberries and brown sugar? Delish. He's a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh how sweet!
    aren't 3 year olds SO much fun.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you make blogging fun. :) If your comment doesn't appear right away, it's because it's awaiting moderation, but it will show up soon!

Web Hosting Pages