Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Random



1. On an average, how often do you splurge and buy something for yourself?
Generally, waaaay too often. God is working on me to reign. it. in.

2. Are you more like Hall or Oates? Just kidding. Real question: What is the last creative project you began/finished? Feel free to post a pic of it.
I'm not creative. I don't enjoy the process very much. I just like the finished product...which leads me back to question 1.

3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or juuuust right?
Most of the time I think it's just right. It borders on the small size by most home standards today, but I love small spaces. The downside, is that it makes entertaining others hard because of the space...especially with lots of kids involved.

4. What is your favorite outdoor chore?
How sad that I don't think I can come up with a favorite outdoor chore...does watching my husband mow the lawn count?

5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not?
No. Way. I hate it. Hate the smell of it...hate how it looks, etc.

6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride?
Ride.

7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit?
Money.

8. This weekend, we downloaded the movie "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Within 5 minutes, I was bored and annoyed, but I kept watching 5-10 minutes at a time hoping it would get better between small chores. I finally gave up and Jorge watched it alone, and then regretted wasting that time because he disliked it intensely, too. So ... how long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it?
We watched 1/2 of that movie and I decided I was going to bed because it was so BORING. Usually I'll stick it out even if it's dumb...but not this one.

9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it's not cool or it's racy or because it's by Hall and Oates?
The list of songs that I like that some would deem "inappropriate" for a pastor's wife to like is pretty long. Nothing too racy or with cussing, stuff my kids can still listen too but makes my husband roll his eyes at me ;) Like the other day when Eli, (my 7 year old) told me his favorite song was Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice...it was a proud moment. Word to your mother.

10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you?
Probably a 4. Boring. It's not that I'm very scheduled either, it's mostly the fact that I just go about day to day doing the same thing...which I happen to like.

11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob?
Nope. Can someone who enjoys a #3 from McDonald's ever be considered a food snob? I think not.

12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life? (I hear people gulping and see them sweating in anticipation of how to answer this one.)
The shorter answer would be who/what am I not trying to control in my life. It's a constant daily battle for me...handing back over the desire to control stuff.

Head on over to Linda@2nd Cup to see more Random Dozen.

14 comments:

  1. Hi...I dropped in from Lindas...it was fun to read your answers...loved 1 & 2 : ) I can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny... I could not tell you what a #3 at McDonalds is..to save.my.life.
    But I do know the #7 @ Wendy's, so I'm right there with ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, word to your mother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vanilla Ice.. haha. The wife of a younger pastor at our church pierced her nose recently, and it shocked a few more people than it pleased. And if they know who Vanilla Ice is, I wonder what they would say. HA.

    Note: I don't disapprove of either, even for a pastor's wife. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good post. Fun to learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your answer to #2 :) I am right there with ya. I'm trying to be more creative and DIY a little more but I'd much prefer to have someone else do the work and I just enjoy the finished product. Unfortunately, I don't foresee our budget allowing for much of that in the very near future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sarah, I enjoyed reading your answers. Vanilla Ice. Ha! Funny stuff. I'm right there w/you on #12! Have a great day. Blessings, SusanD

    ReplyDelete
  8. McD's #3... is that the Quarter Pounder? :) I can't say anything, I would eat Chick Fil A every. single. day. of. the. week. if I could.

    And #10 - VERY surprising! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhhhh YOU are toooo cute! First, let me say that I loved reading your profile -- it just sounds a LOT like Jan Karon's Mitford series!

    #3 - isn't it amazing how much space the LITTLE people take up???

    #4 - ROFLMBO! That one works for ME!

    #9 - People put waaaaaay too much pressure on Pastor's wives! And Pastor's too! My Pastor listens to Country music - and any time he wants to refer to the lyrics of a song in his message, he ALWAYS stops and apologizes and explains that SOME country songs are OKAY! LOL! I laugh! Humans! We are all HUMANS!

    #11 - AH! You COULD be! If you feel that #3 (what IS a number 3?) trumps a Wendy's #3 (i don't know that one either!) then that would make you a #3 snob! LOL!

    #12 - Mom's of young children HAVE to be in control... it comes with the job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got such a kick out of your answers! I worked with a guy that MET Vanilla Ice. I do love me some Ice Ice Baby. Is it wrong that I'm a married woman who dances and puts her hand up whenever she heres Single Ladies???

    ReplyDelete
  11. i just bumped into you over on mr. linky! lol

    first time playing along........ loved reading over your answers! I bet that was a proud moment when your son let you know his favorite song is Ice Ice Baby ;) i don't think i'll ever out grow that song....probably sing it to the great-grand babies! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't "chore" and "favorite" an oxymoron?

    ReplyDelete
  13. 2 things...YES, watching your hubby mow the lawn counts! :) Hahaha!

    and that's AWESOME that Eli's favorite song is Ice Ice Baby! Hahahahaaaa...oh, back in the day.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh girl, you tickled my funny bone! As the wife of a former pastor, now missionary, I can relate to answer #9 -- but for me it was when my kids could sing along with me to the country songs on the radio :-)

    Isn't #3 the Big 'N Tasty? That's my favorite! But I am a food snob, gotta admit. It's just that I have my occasional "low brow" moments. lol And the Big 'N Tasty is one of them.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you make blogging fun. :) If your comment doesn't appear right away, it's because it's awaiting moderation, but it will show up soon!

Web Hosting Pages