My house is a mess.
The laundry is overflowing.
Tomorrow night we leave for Thanksgiving in Wisconsin.
I haven't packed.
Even my van is a mess. I'm gonna have to empty that thing before we can load up all 6 of us and our stuff.
And once again, I've waited till the last minute. Always. I always put off stuff like this till the last minute. And *big surprise* it always makes me a little crabby...and slightly annoyed with my family that all they have to do it look forward to the trip.
Poor, poor pitiful me.
What a fantastic Thanksgiving attitude ;) On Sunday, Ben spoke on how anxiety robs us of the ability to be thankful. I hadn't ever thought of it like that before. During his sermon I thought, yeah...that's true. And then this week God took that lesson one step further...by nailing it to my heart. (Pastor's love when He does that ;)
Every other year we travel to WI to spend the night at my Aunt and Uncle's for Thanksgiving. The whole crew is there and I love it. And without even being aware of it, I've let my anxiety over the messy house, my distaste for packing, and the fact that I hate all of my maternity jeans (don't even get me started) to rob me of the joy and thanksgiving that I should be enjoying.
Sounds ridiculous, no? It is. My ability to wallow in self pity is enormous. Got. To. STOP.
So here's my Thankful list. I know, a bajillion other bloggers are saying what they're thankful for, and you've read it all before...but this list, it's for me.
Time to remember that I'm thankful...
- That we have family to "go home" to. Wonderful people.
- that my neighbors are willing to come over and let Odie out so that we can even go to WI.
- that I have a family I adore. All the laundry and all the packing means I have people whom I love, to do that for.
- It's Thanksgiving and I'm eating for two. Hip hip hooray!
- The only thing I'm required to bring to Thanksgiving dinner is three 2-liters of pop. Score.
- That God loves me enough to not ignore me.
- for my new bathtub/shower that a guy from church has spent a lot of time installing.
- for all the wonderful groceries that our church family gave us on Saturday night...especially the Captain Crunch.
Okay...now I should really go get some stuff done while my attitude is still good. :)