Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I'm Still Yours

There's songs that God uses to get my attention. They reach into my heart and seem to wrench it till it almost hurts...because He wants me to get it. And sometimes...I don't want to get it. I want to hide from it. But, I have a Father that loves me too much to let me run for long. This song this past week has done exactly that.

I want my hands to stay lifted. During all of life, the joys, the pain, the chaos. Those hands quickly drop during life's busyness. I need this reminder...I need this to be my heart.



If you washed away my vanity
If you took away my words
If all my world was swept away, would You be enough for me?
Would my beating heart still sing...

If I lost it all, would my hands stay lifted
to the God who gives, and takes away
If you take it all, this life you've given
Still my heart will sing to You

When my life is not what I expected
The plans I made have failed
When there's nothing left to steal me away
Will You be enough for me?
Will my broken heart still sing?

Even if you take it all away, you'll never let me go
Take it all away, but I still know...
That I am Yours, I'm still Yours.
I am Yours, I'm still Yours.

8 comments:

  1. oooh...'If I lost it all would my hands stay lifted'
    That one hurt.
    Thanks for the conviction and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.....thank you so much for posting this, Sarah!
    This has been entirely convicting to me today. It seems that sometimes I hold my life in my own hands giving it sparingly and conditionally to HIM.
    I have been reminded so many times this year that what I have is all HIM and none of me...and that it is only mine to keep as long as He says...
    Thanks for the butt kicking today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, What a beautiful post! Thank-u for sharing. You are such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful song. I hadn't heard it before. Thank you for this post, it is such a great way to look our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. GREAT lyrics. I've never heard this song before but you have made me want to go check it out on iTunes. That's one I could listen to every day because I NEED that reminder continually. THanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love. this.
    consider me inspired.
    gabgirl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love this song and the album! Miss you my friend I feel like I haven't seen you or talked to you in ages. Thanks for the card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you make blogging fun. :) If your comment doesn't appear right away, it's because it's awaiting moderation, but it will show up soon!

Web Hosting Pages