Thursday, March 11, 2010

I Am That Dude...

A blogger friend, Mama Belle posted this video the other day. I'll admit, I almost never watch a video on blogs because, well, that would take time. But she mentioned this one was only 1 minute, so I took the plunge.



I watched it. And I had an epiphany...of sorts..

I am that cartoon dude. His logic makes complete sense to me. You don't have to watch the video...but if you do, THAT is what I look like during the day.

I thought I was only a "rare-only-on-certain-occasions" procrastinator. Not true.

I viewed procrastinators as not getting anything done or completely done until the last minute. And I get all kinds of stuff done. All kinds of stuff that I don't really need to do in order to avoid that which I do need to do. It can even be something that I ENJOY doing, I'll still likely put it off with other busyness.

For example, I really need to paint the trim-thingy in the bathroom TODAY. Yet I think it will be easier to paint the trim if I first clean up the kitchen and throw a load of laundry in. But I should finish making the scotcharoo bars because then I can do the dishes all at once. And then I'm distracted by the bars...which go great with coffee...which go great with writing a blog post. And here I sit. No laundry going. Pans in the sink. No paint in sight.

I did, however, consume the coffee and chocolatey/peanutbuttery bar of goodness.


20 comments:

  1. In the end, coffee and chocolate are all that really matter anyway, RIGHT??:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you've consumed the coffee and chocolatey/peanutbuttery bar...what's the problem? Sounds to me like you've taken care of the important stuff!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why you are one of my very favorite people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindy and Ethan say I do that all the time which is why I'm almost always running behind schedule and late. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe. I saw this on her blog too.. and love it! I can relate to it quite a bit - but even more than that I had a good laugh because it is SO Dave!! :) Helped me "get" his a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Rachel. Chocolate should come first!!!! Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your post today! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY! That is my day today =) YIKES... I need to get my "stuff done" THANKS for being one of my distractions today =) I LOVED IT!! HAHA!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotta love the scotteroos! I think the original recipe is from Betty Arns! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just thought I would let you know that I POSTED your link on my blog page =) http://pameeb.blogspot.com/

    Thanks for making my day =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well you have done the most important ideas for the day, consumed the coffe and the chocolatey/peanuttybuttery bar. That is the most important.
    Oh I can so relate to this little
    clip. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If that is YOU... and it is ME TOO, does that make us sisters?

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're pregnant. You ate. Mission accomplished. Right?

    You can paint tomorrow.

    I'm terrible at this. I do the very same thing. I can't even put away a pile of clothes without doing 20 other things before, during, and between.

    -FringeGIrl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your logic makes perfect sense to me. Right there with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  15. kinda like the book "If you give a Mouse a cookie." but only a new book called "If you give a Mom a Scotcharoo"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that video. We are all that dude at some point. Look how long it took me to get to this blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so my issue as well. It takes a lot of self discipline to be focused long enough to get done the one thing I started to do, that I usually end up rewarding my efforts with a chocolaty-peanutbuttery bar of goodness so I think you are on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is SO me too! oh my goodness! gonna send this to david

    yay for consuming the coffee and chocolatey/peanutbuttery bar!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow. That is totally me. We could have been seperated at birth. Your day sounds absolutely logical to me in a completely-not-logical-to-anyone-in-their-right-mind kind of way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you make blogging fun. :) If your comment doesn't appear right away, it's because it's awaiting moderation, but it will show up soon!

Web Hosting Pages