Friday, March 19, 2010

In Need of Adjusting...

We're on spring break here...which pretty much means life as normal, except we get to stay up later and sleep in a bit later too.

Exciting stuff.

I've been battling my attitude lately, thus the absence of blog posts. Every time I sat down to do a post, it ended up being kinda crabby...and really, does the internet need more crabby? I think not.

Last night I woke up with a song in my head...the kind that just won't leave. It's a song we used to sing at the church where I first met Jesus in a real way. It's pretty much this Bible verse:

This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
(Psalm 118:24)

I generally like to apply this verse to days that are grand. Days that involve things I like. People I like. Activities I like.

And the other days...eh, not so much. They're just days. Days I survive, but definitely don't rejoice in. This verse last night, reminded me that no matter what my day holds. No matter how boring the activity or annoying the people *smile* God has ordained that day for me. His plan is not for me to merely get through it, but to be glad in it. Whatever it holds, He has planned and prepared for me to encounter it.

If only my attitude would stay permanently adjusted...

9 comments:

  1. This is so true. It is so easy to skip through those happy days with that song in our heads. But I agree, maybe we should try singing it on those days that aren't so cheery. The ordinary days. Maybe then we will truly understand where the joy really comes from. Thanks for the reminder. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get what you are feeling minus being pregnant! That song is a good one...I should try it on the days I am CRABBY! lol Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Today is the day He has created, planned and designed... I don't have to fix it, complain about it, or change it. I just need to rejoice and be glad in it."

    I read that about a year ago. I wrote it down, because I was having a string of really hard days. But this little quote really got me through it. It helped me to remember Who is in control. And Who has a plan for my life.

    Funny thing... You wrote that:) Thank you. Hope your words from the past can help you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have vowed to not whine about the s.n.o.w. so I am just ignoring it completely.
    miss you.
    hurry up and have that baby would you.
    *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surely He didn't mean days with snow following glorious days of warm sunshine? Right?!!
    Love and prayers from the grouch down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally hear you. Come to think of it, I have been quite the grouch myself this week. I should really pay more attention to my own attitude. Thanks for the reminder to rejoice in the day the Lord has made for us. His mercies are new every morning. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for your post! so true and so what i need to remember more often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Preach it, girl.
    I am guilty of "applying" verses as I choose, too.
    Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I am singing that song!! What a great be happy song!! Keep smiling Sarah it's all good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you make blogging fun. :) If your comment doesn't appear right away, it's because it's awaiting moderation, but it will show up soon!

Web Hosting Pages