Friday, December 31, 2010

In the Moment...

A year ago today, Ben and I were at a giant hospital (the hospital Tate is now in) to have a level II ultrasound because of a tiny cyst they had found on Lucy's brain.  I was 5 months pregnant.  You can go back and read the story here and here.  

It's one of those days that will stick in my head forever.  I remember how I felt, how the hospital smelled, the shoes I wore, the nervousness, the relief, sweet relief that the cyst was gone, that the baby was perfect, and she was indeed still a girl ;)  

Some days from this past year are like that.  Completely memorable.  Others, are just ordinary and blur together. I'm so thankful for both.  It's why I blog, it's life, and it's all worth documenting...the good, the bad, the ugly.

I never know what each day is going to bring.  Oh, I think I know, I plan, I anticipate...sometimes I dread, but really not one of us knows what the next moment will hold.  Only my Heavenly Father knows, and only He gives me the grace to bear whatever is in store.  Joy or pain...I need His grace either way.

My friend Steph, Tate's mom, had this quote as a favorite:  

Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift

That's how I want to live 2011.

Happy New Year Blog World!
 

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too! Love the quote. So very happy little Lucy is healthy and absolutely adorable!

    Enjoy each moment of the now.
    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year to you and your family too. We will continue to pray for Tate & his family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy all that has happened this year! It's kinda one of those, "It hasn't really been a year?!!!" yet "Was that really just a year ago?" (Lu's ultrasound) kind of things. Praying for you and for Steph and gang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Memories ... it is really why we blog, isn't it? The good and the bad ones.

    Love the quote by your friend!

    Happy New Year, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very sorry to hear about Tate's condition. I will pray for them all. God be with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having a similar situation with a girl I work with who left last week for the hospital due to pneumonia and ended up having radiation on her brain. It's been so sad. Praying for your friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you make blogging fun. :) If your comment doesn't appear right away, it's because it's awaiting moderation, but it will show up soon!

Web Hosting Pages