Thursday, January 20, 2011

Out With the Old

I've composed approximately 250 posts (in my head) since my last post.  If only they typed themselves out...someday they will, those apple people come up with all sorts of great stuff. ;)

But until then, (by which I mean, until they steal my idea) let me summarize:

  • The last post felt good.  Really good.  Writing without my filter, made me aware that somewhere along the way I had started over filtering without even realizing it.  Filters are not bad.  They're necessary.  But too much filtering takes out the good stuff too.
  • Your comments made me smile.  And encouraged me.  You're all ridiculously wonderful. :)
  • Ridiculous is the word I'm now overusing.  
  • I'm getting a sewing machine and I'm going to start making cute stuff.  Why not?  Back several years ago, I started reading a friends blog and I thought to myself: Self, you could never do that. You need to be gifted in that area first. But then time went by and I read more blogs and thought: Eh, anybody can blog, just do it.  And, as it goes, it's turned out just fine.  Which, in essence is the same with sewing...or at least that's what I'm telling myself.  ;)  
  • I do know how to use a sewing machine.  I think.  I'm sure it's like riding a bike. *cough*
  • My first project if going to be a baby blanket, because my expert friends tell me this is a good place to start.  Don't worry, I'll take pictures...and we can all laugh together.
  • Until then, I'm working on the aftermath of all of us switching bedrooms.  I thought about taking pictures, but that just seemed like one more thing to do and so I purposely skipped it.  Next time.  *cough*
  • I also need to clear out my scrapbook stuff (my previous hobby that bit the dust a couple years ago) to make room for my new sewing hobby...because that's how I roll.

13 comments:

  1. Good luck on the new hobby. Take plenty of pictures. Have a great rest of the week.
    Odie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes with the new hobby!
    And please share my condolences with your friends on their loss...so sad.
    PS... I like no filters, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sewing should be fun for you! I gave up scrapbooking a long time ago. I'd like to get digital photo books made, but I think I'm done with scrapbooking forever.

    Have with your new project!
    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy sewing. I haven't been scrapbooking for quite a while, but I still have so much stuff. Actually, I'm going to a cardmaking party tomorrow night (weather permitting of course) and who knows maybe the creative juices will start flowing again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sewing machine has made a couple of appearances lately...it is like riding a bike...clumsy and wobbly at first...then, ah who am I kidding, I'll always be clumsy at wobbly at sewing! :)
    I did find that a few of my archaic scrapbooking things worked well as sewing templates for shapes...recycling. Man, I'm savvy. (totally kidding!) Happy sewing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would LOVE to sew on my "new" sewing machine...If only I could figure it all out...BTW, New=8 yrs old, used maybe 10 times. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter, Christine, started sewing again and is enjoying it. It is good to get involved in new things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cant wait to see your 1st project if you need help l am just up the road

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet you'll be great at sewing! :) And my scrapbooking hobby bit the dust a few years ago too. Looking forward to seeing your baby blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love sewing and just don't have much time for it anymore. :( Hopefully soon. I have some cute fabric calling my name. My most recent project was burp cloths for my sis-in-laws baby shower. Also VERY easy. Velcro bibs are also a easy project when starting out. Have fun! I have a feeling your gonna get hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sew...you sew... anyone can sew...sew...sew. I have oodles of advice I could give you about easy patterns for both quilts and even some for clothes (like flannel pj bottoms)... let me know when you are ready. I like easy because of my self-diagnosed ADHD... I'm not so much into delayed satisfaction. :-) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you start sewing, I can no longer follow your blog.
    Sewing frightens me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. email me your address again - I was a bit corn-fused as to why you had a po box AND a physical address. that threw me off. so email me. your prize awaits you. :)

    i agree, no filter, bad. too much filter, also bad. here's to finding that balance. being honest feels so good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you make blogging fun. :) If your comment doesn't appear right away, it's because it's awaiting moderation, but it will show up soon!

Web Hosting Pages