- Jake, #3 son, baby of the boys, turned seven this week. We started out his day with Strawberry shakes and cupcakes for breakfast. His big brothers had a Little League game the night of his birthday, so in order to try to make it special for him I gave him ten bucks for the concession stand. Nachos, suckers, Snickers, Gatorade, sugary strips of some sort of candy, you name it and he bought and ate it. I still can't believe he didn't get sick. We call that a birthday success.
- I've been sewing and crafting again lately. It's been beautiful outside, and I should really be out enjoying it...but when the urge to create strikes, I think one should just go with it.
- I came to a conclusion this week: When I have PMS, there are certain people that I just should.not.speak.with. Ya know what I mean? Like...I can handle them three weeks out of the month and then *BAM* PMS week happens and my brain switches to zero-tolerance.
- Noah (11) has $60 to his name. According to him he is a "60 dollionaire"
- Lucy has been waking up in the morning with a dry diaper. It probably means she's ready to be potty-trained. If only I were ready to potty train her.
- I started back to running again after a two week hiatus. If only running and I could get past our love-hate relationship that we've had going on since...well, forever.
- I went to a home party thing last week, where they sell designer denim. I bought a pair of capris that have bling on the butt. I kid you not. I tried to find the least blingy ones, but there is still some bling. They're comfy and I like them, but the bling is still not me. I picked some of it off. Don't tell.
- This post would be better with pictures...if only I had them uploaded them.
- Right now, my 11 year old has asked me THREE times if I'm sure it's Friday and not Saturday. I'M SURE. Sheesh.
- Four years ago today, our tiny town flooded. But today, it's better than ev-ah. I have pictures to prove it. And when I upload them, I'll show ya. ;)
- I miss blogging regularly. I could blame the four kids, puppy, husband, house, ministry for sucking up all my time...but really, there's time to squeeze out yet...I just need to DO IT.
- I'm off to upload some pictures so that my next post is less boring. I'm kidding...it will still be boring but at least their will be visuals to assist it.
- Happy FRIDAY! Even though my child still doesn't believe me that it's Friday....*insert eye roll*
Friday, June 8, 2012
I love Summer. I do. It's relaxed and crazy, all at the same time. We're settling in to our non-routine pretty nicely. Except when we're not. And so goes life.