Friday, June 8, 2012

Lately...

I love Summer.  I do.  It's relaxed and crazy, all at the same time.  We're settling in to our non-routine pretty nicely.  Except when we're not.  And so goes life.



  • Jake, #3 son, baby of the boys, turned seven this week.  We started out his day with Strawberry shakes and cupcakes for breakfast.  His big brothers had a Little League game the night of his birthday, so in order to try to make it special for him I gave him ten bucks for the concession stand.  Nachos, suckers, Snickers, Gatorade, sugary strips of some sort of candy, you name it and he bought and ate it.  I still can't believe he didn't get sick.  We call that a birthday success.  
  • I've been sewing and crafting again lately.  It's been beautiful outside, and I should really be out enjoying it...but when the urge to create strikes, I think one should just go with it.  
  • I came to a conclusion this week: When I have PMS, there are certain people that I just should.not.speak.with.  Ya know what I mean?  Like...I can handle them three weeks out of the month and then *BAM*  PMS week happens and my brain switches to zero-tolerance.  
  • Noah (11) has $60 to his name.  According to him he is a "60 dollionaire"  
  • Lucy has been waking up in the morning with a dry diaper.  It probably means she's ready to be potty-trained.  If only I were ready to potty train her.  
  • I started back to running again after a two week hiatus.  If only running and I could get past our love-hate relationship that we've had going on since...well, forever.  
  • I went to a home party thing last week, where they sell designer denim. I bought a pair of capris that have bling on the butt.  I kid you not.  I tried to find the least blingy ones, but there is still some bling.  They're comfy and I like them, but the bling is still not me.  I picked some of it off.  Don't tell.  
  • This post would be better with pictures...if only I had them uploaded them.
  • Right now, my 11 year old has asked me THREE times if I'm sure it's Friday and not Saturday.  I'M SURE.  Sheesh.
  • Four years ago today, our tiny town flooded.  But today, it's better than ev-ah.  I have pictures to prove it.  And when I upload them, I'll show ya. ;)
  • I miss blogging regularly.  I could blame the four kids, puppy, husband, house, ministry for sucking up all my time...but really, there's time to squeeze out yet...I just need to DO IT.  
  • I'm off to upload some pictures so that my next post is less boring.  I'm kidding...it will still be boring but at least their will be visuals to assist it.
  • Happy FRIDAY!  Even though my child still doesn't believe me that it's Friday....*insert eye roll*




5 comments:

  1. We went to a jean bling party...fun...but only the daughters bought...my backside was still too big for the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to go to one of those jean parties, although I'm not into butt bling. I'd rather not draw attention to the backside, but still...I wanna go.

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of those jean parties...but I'm not so much a fan of the bling either :) You should post a picture of yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am absolutely with you on the PMS thing! And the crafting thing. Today I finished sewing pillows for our bed. I like the way they've turned out. Very vintage looking. Becca :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you make blogging fun. :) If your comment doesn't appear right away, it's because it's awaiting moderation, but it will show up soon!

Web Hosting Pages