- Before I even opened my eyes this morning, I was already praying for God's help in areas I knew I was destined to fail at as soon as my feet hit the floor. I need His help turning opportunities and conversations and pretty much EVERYTHING into spiritual opportunities. Because I am missing them. Missing them as is in: Doing it myself and can't seem to locate them, kind of deal.
- Can't shake this book I'm reading. I'm half way through it, and then I'll let ya in on it so you can read it and let it mess with you too. Good stuff. It's got me thinking about how even as a believer in Christ, I often live as though this life on earth is the real deal and Heaven is real, but not "real, real." Clear as mud? I say that spiritual life is eternal, that Jesus is really the only thing that matters...and then I get distracted by some shiny object and pretend that all this stuff on earth actually matters. Someone kick me. Oh wait, that book just did.
- Ran hills this morning, even though I just ran hills on Sunday night and my butt still hurts. But lately, the pain of running feels good...and it's been awhile since it felt good. I'll take it.
- Fed Lucy three sticks of string cheese. I'll likely need to follow that up with feeding her three glasses of prune juice tomorrow. You do what ya gotta do.
- I'm watching the puppy chew on my shoe. Normally I'd get up...but my backside hurts too much. I don't really like the shoe that much anyways. It's your lucky day, puppy.
- On Facebook there are these For Sale Groups, you all have these? Anyways, in the past two days I've scored a sweet retro-ish sectional couch ($75) and little brown UGG boots for Lucy for $20. I will show you them soon. Yay me! Side note: Do you see how that is in the SAME POST as bullet point #2? Ironic is my middle name.
- I am so uber excited about The Olympics that I can hardly stand it. July 27th. Yippee! I should have a party, since I'm gonna have a sectional couch now. And then there's that new big addition. But I'll have to have them promise to be quiet so I can watch every.single.minute. The bios, the commercials, the background sad sob stories. Oh I love it all. I'm a terribly un-fun hostess. Not even Pinterest can help me.
- I just stopped writing because I realized I hadn't checked on Lucy for a bit. Bad idea. I found her dumping water out of the kitchen sink and onto the floor. Seriously, she's a destructive force. I can't take my eyes off her for a minute. You'd think I would learn...
- Also, I'm pretty sure I've declared that it's grilled cheese for supper. "Make your own" grilled cheese for supper. And yes, I say supper and not dinner, because I'm all Midwestern like that.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012