I'm a little bi-polar about that. Happy, sad, happy, sad. Ultimately though...it's gotta happen.
We have sucked the life out of summer this year. Ate it up, completely and entirely. I think we can thank The Summer List for that.
I documented it all; in my head. And with pictures. But somehow, it never managed to make it to the blog. #kickmyself. But it's stuff I don't want to forget, so I'm going to attempt to go back through the last month (or so) and catch up.
But just for kicks, let's start with today.
- We have a drought going on. Four years ago we had a flood, and now we have a drought. It gives us something to talk to each other about at the post office, gas station, and any other awkward opportunity for conversation.
- Julie is BACK. I picked her up from the airport the other night. But that is gonna get it's own blog post...
- I think I have hermit tendencies. It's more fun and friendly to say I'm a "home-body" but really I think I could live as a hermit...if people would just leave me alone. *wink* Now don't get me wrong. I said hermit, and not hoarder. I thoroughly enjoy throwing things away.
- Next week we are taking Lucy's pacifier away. God help us all.
- I'm utterly addicted to the Olympics. Gabby Douglas, she trained in Iowa. That's right, for two Olympic's in a row, Iowa has produced two gold medalists. Take that Russia.
And, if you would like, you can leave me a comment and we can discuss ever-so-awkwardly how the weather has been in real life...and it will be just like you saw me in person. At the gas station...where I frequent often for fountain pop and fried cheese curds.
Oh, one last thing: I'm cooking with the convection mode on my oven tonight. This is the exciting information you've missed out on for the past month. Exciting.