Friday, August 3, 2012

Bet Ya Didn't Know...

This summer was quite possibly the fastest summer ever.  My kids go back to school in 12 days.  


Yeah.


I'm a little bi-polar about that.  Happy, sad, happy, sad.  Ultimately though...it's gotta happen.


We have sucked the life out of summer this year.  Ate it up, completely and entirely.  I think we can thank The Summer List for that.


I documented it all; in my head.  And with pictures.  But somehow, it never managed to make it to the blog.  #kickmyself.  But it's stuff I don't want to forget, so I'm going to attempt to go back through the last month (or so) and catch up.  


But just for kicks, let's start with today.



  • We have a drought going on.  Four years ago we had a flood, and now we have a drought.  It gives us something to talk to each other about at the post office, gas station, and any other awkward opportunity for conversation.  
  • Julie is BACK.  I picked her up from the airport the other night.  But that is gonna get it's own blog post...
  • I think I have hermit tendencies.  It's more fun and friendly to say I'm a "home-body"  but really I think I could live as a hermit...if people would just leave me alone.  *wink*   Now don't get me wrong.  I said hermit, and not hoarder.  I thoroughly enjoy throwing things away.  
  • Next week we are taking Lucy's pacifier away.  God help us all. 
  • I'm utterly addicted to the Olympics.  Gabby Douglas, she trained in Iowa.  That's right, for two Olympic's in a row, Iowa has produced two gold medalists.  Take that Russia.  
Now for the playing catch-up posts to begin...


And, if you would like, you can leave me a comment and we can discuss ever-so-awkwardly how the weather has been in real life...and it will be just like you saw me in person.  At the gas station...where I frequent often for fountain pop and fried cheese curds.  


Oh, one last thing:  I'm cooking with the convection mode on my oven tonight.    This is the exciting information you've missed out on for the past month.  Exciting.  





2 comments:

  1. Is it wrong that we have never met, nor that I know Julie, but that I am excited she is back too??
    I can't believe you have fried cheese curds at the gas station! It will soon be state fair time and then, then I shall feast on cheese curds and basically anything you can fry and put on a stick...dep fried snickers bar...oh yes! Mac and cheese deep fried on a stick...mmhmm. Deep fried pickle chips...Yeppers! I also can't believe your kiddos go back to school in 12 days, mine start after labor day. Sometimes it's a good thing, but like you, I am bi- polar about it too. Good luck with the paci, we had the nookie fairy come and leave a present so a new baby could have the nookies. ( Nick put them in an envelope and in the mailbox and the fairy left a gift that night)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheese curds? here's the part where i go all My Cousin Vinny on you. what exactly is a curd?

    also, i love that you say fountain "pop". :) i'd love to hear you say that in real life. or you know irl like the yoots say.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you make blogging fun. :) If your comment doesn't appear right away, it's because it's awaiting moderation, but it will show up soon!

Web Hosting Pages